View Single Post
I think I just had the proverbial slap up side of the head. I've been struggling with OF and am by default a Life Balance user. While I love LB, the pain of entering new items, has me back to considering OF again.

I have a series of accounts I'm responsible for, both existing customers and prospects. I have each of them set up as a folder, and any projects that pop up fall into that folder. That let's me focus in on the account.

Seperate from that, I had a general account review project which had a repeating task for each customer/prospect to insure I reviewed it. I had not discovered the review perspective (RTFM I know). The problem was, when I was checking off that task, I was no where in the tree near the items dealing with that particular customer. Also, there were many times single actions that didn't really warrant setting up a project for.

What I just realized as a better alternative is set each of those status ticklers about the customer as a project under the appropriate folder with a context of 'Review' and non-repeating. Then, use the review date to flag how often I want to see them pop up in my review. Finally, any stray tasks that pop up for that customer/prospect can easily be dropped into that project.

For all you guru types out there, does that make sense?