View Single Post
I was looking for the same solution as sumnerp and came to this thread. I'm new to OF and love a lot of the features of it, but I find this limitation surprising and problematic. I know one poster said being able to sort manually in context mode would be troubling, but I don't see why. I would think OF would be able to create a list (like the text solution somone posted, but without leaving OF) that would be a copy of the items and wouldn't change the project level structure.

My post is really to say I'm wondering if someone has the "answer" to what I perceive as a huge weakness of OM. I like being about to create projects based on the project topic but then to use context to deal with the items when I'm doing them. In this way, I'm using OF to generate to-do lists. Since the order I do things (e.g., errands) in has nothing to do with the order created in the project I find OF much less useful than I'd have hope or expected. While the "abuse duration" solution proposed works great on the desktop, it doesn't work on the iPhone app, so when I'm actually out doing the errands, they are not in the order I need to do them which requires me to continually scan the list for the next store rather than follow my list in order as I used to do with a paper list.

Has anyone come up with a useful way of sorting things within context so they are still in that order when synced to the iPhone app?