View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?
I have used multiple columns (like check boxes, task owner, due date, etc), but the first column is the one that holds my main data. What might be cool is to enable columns like TweetDesk on the iPhone does, so I can view one column at a time but then swipe my finger left or right to scroll sideways through the columns. Nice.

If you do that, though, you might want some sort of row shading so your eye can follow the row across columns as the columns slide across the screen.

Quote:
2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.
I would prefer formatting, but am willing to lose it as long as I can sync between the desktop and iPhone versions without losing the desktop formatting. Color carries information, so you can enhance the meaning of data by including it.

Quote:
3) Do you need attachment support?
I think again, this would be nice, but I'm willing to sacrifice it as long as syncing doesn't strip it from the "official" desktop file.

Quote:
4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities? If just a viewer only, how well does the Quick Look preview/DHTML export meet your needs? (Viewing the export on the iPhone that is)
Personally, I'd be much less interested in an iPhone app if it was view-only. The whole purpose of the app for me is being able to work when I'm out and about and find myself with a small block of free time.

Quote:
5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.
I hope it will be able to sync just like OF syncs my desktop and iPhone files. It's odd to me that Apple won't let you sync directly via the USB cable, but maybe there's a good tech reason I just don't know. Until that happens, I hope I can synch over WiFi. That's been working well for me! The only thing better would be if I knew how to set it up so I could sync from anywhere (without using a me.com account).

Quote:
If you have any other specific expectations for the app, please let us know too. Thanks for your feedback and support!
I'm so happy with OO3's abilities I can't imagine what you'll do in OO4. I guess I'd love it if OO4's abilities get added to the app as well. If I do think of something missing in OO, I'll add it here too.

Thanks guys!

Keith