View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post

I'm going to gently suggest that in practice this maybe isn't quite the issue that it seems to be. You've already decided that these items are what you are going to do today.
I use flagging to set up the actions I want to work in a day. Initially I thought I would want to put them in an order that I wanted to do them. But I've found that what I do is when I am ready to undertake an action I tend to look through the list and select which I want to work and it may not be the one that I would have listed as the most important.

Depending on the circumstances I may select based on the time it will take to do the action. If I only have 15 minutes until my next meeting I can only work an action that can be completed in 15 minutes or less. Other times I may look at my lists and my energy level will affect which action I'll pick up. Some I just may not feel up to tackling at that moment. Or I may feel that my energy is high so I'll defer those "easier" tasks until later and work the one that requires me to have the most energy