View Single Post
Hi Henry,

Currently, OO does not seem to be able to filter based on columnar values. The closest I've been able to come to this functionality is to SORT based on what's in the columns.

For instance: if I have a checkmark column and use it to check certain items in the outline, I can go to the Reorganize menu, click on "Keep Sorted" and then select "Checked to Unchecked", and all the checked items appear at the top of the outline. I still see the unchecked items, so it's not true filtering, but at least it groups them together so I can see them. There are, of course, other ways to sort - for instance, in a text column, you can sort alphabetically.

It's not great, but until actual filtering comes our way, it's occasionally useful.

And for the record, lack of filtering is - IMHO - one of the major problems keeping OO from greatness. OmniGroup solved this problem in OmniFocus, by allowing user-created Perspectives. I'm praying they give OmniOutliner uses the same ability. It would open up countless uses for OO outlines ...

Last edited by rogbar; 2010-10-18 at 10:12 PM..