View Single Post
I learnt of this service from these forums itself. However it was buried inside a thread. Swissdisk (www.swissdisk.com) provides 50MB of free online storage and supports webDAV. For people who just want to use it for syncing omnifocus the space seems to be more than enough. From the website it seems to be a professional and reliable service, storing data in encrypted format.

10/19/2009 Update from Omni: Looks like SwissDisk has had a hardware problem which resulted in a loss of customer data. More info in this post later in the thread.

A saw a lot of people recommend bingodisk, which costs $20 a year. Granted, that it provides more online storage, but not everybody needs that much space. And for people like me who already have paid for online storage, but their host doesn't provide webDAV, it's a perfect solution. There are so many posts in these forums asking about a free webDAV service. Was wondering why swissdisk hasn't been mentioned more.

I have an imac, a macbook and an iPod Touch synced via swissdisk, and so far its working like a charm. Beats setting up your own webDAV server on your home mac (I didn't want to leave my imac on all day everyday just for OF sync).

Last edited by Brian; 2009-10-19 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: Add more info about the swissdisk situation.