View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambitions2o View Post
I have recorded a large audio note on my iPhone. How do I listen to it on my Mac? I do not see the clipping in the notes section either.

Thanks.
Hi Ambitions2o,

I wouldn't recommend recording lengthy audio within OmniFocus.

In the past I've found that large audio files recorded within OF often won't sync and, on the iPad, can't be emailed, probably because of the file size limitations imposed by most networks, even wifi for some reason proves hit-or-miss.

The quickest way to get a stuck audio file out is to physically sync your iPhone to iTunes and in the iPhone's App panel scroll down to File Sharing > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Documents > [recording.caf] > Save To.

I'd suggest giving Apps such as Dictamus or Audio Memos 2 a try, as they can hold serious quantities of sound within themselves or allow you to copy your audio onto FTP and WebDAV servers, such as iDisk or Dropbox, rather than burden OF with them as attachments. I then put a link into the notes section of an OF action which I can then click and have the file play back within OF on my iPhone.

In my case, I use Dictamus for voice as it works well with Dragon's voice recognition software and Audio Memos 2 for everything else. Although Dictamus initially appears the more expensive option, Audio Memos 2 does make you pay by in-App purchase for each individual feature you wish to unlock. Caveat Emptor!

If you want further info. on any of the above, don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-10-28 at 12:58 AM..