View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Not everyone needs compatibility with Microsoft Project, or to be able to send plans to people who don't have OmniPlan. You can share plans live using the device, either on its screen or by projecting to a large screen.)
That is, of course, absolutely true - but there *is* a substantial community of project managers out there who want both iPad project management tools *and* an ability to share their work with MS Project users. It *is* important to know whether you're intending to implement the ability to deal with MS Project files, even if you can't deliver it right now. It's not just about collaboration with non-iPad or Mac users - it's about being able to work in corporate environments that are Windows-based. For the most part, project management involves working with others, and that's what makes it such an issue.

It may be that your business model allows you to be successful without this kind of feature, in which case you're entitled to go for it. But, and I know I'm repeating myself, it *is* important to know if that's the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
OmniPlan for iPad is a bargain at its current $50 price. We’re not looking for impulse buys; we’re selling to serious customers who are willing to invest in their own productivity (and we charge them less than an hour of professional consulting time would cost). Note that on the Mac, OmniPlan sells quite well at $200—which is far less than similar software costs on other platforms.
If you're aiming at professional users, then you have to acknowledge that they don't work in isolation, recognise the corporate landscape in which many of them work, and support it. Yes, you charge less than an hour of consulting tie, but if they have to invest significant extra time to find ways to get their data to other people, that's a significant cost.

But, as I said earlier you know your business, and I'm not about to tell you how to run it - I would simply ask that you tell us whether some ability to interact with MSP data is coming or not. Please.