Thread: Printing
View Single Post
Like a lot of other folks, I'm trying to print my Errands list on 3x5 cards. I set up page setup to do it, and I'm now printing 3x5 cards successfully.

But... the type size is tiny. I printed out a sample on US Letter to compare, and I'm not quite sure what it's doing, as the header ("Perspective: Errands list, 12/3/07 4:27 PM") is exactly the same size (looks like about 9 pt) on both the letter and index card. But the headings, about 30pt on letter, are about 8pt on the index card, and the actions, about 18pt on letter, is about 7pt on the index card.

It looks like it's keeping the header the same, but scaling down the rest of the content from the letter size. I'd really rather it didn't scale—I can only barely read these index cards in good light, which kind of defeats the purpose of a HPDA—but instead just use more lines (and even more paper if necessary). Some awareness of the output size, say, a scale-down to 11 pt type, would be nice, but this is ridiculous. Better, IMHO, to not scale down at all, even though just 3 headers and 3 actions would then fill a 3x5 card--at least they'd be readable then.

Any suggestions for fixing this, or is this a feature request?