View Single Post
I use Omni Focus projects beyond just the standard 10,000 foot GTD projects. I also use them as checklist items that serve as trigger reminders for new actions or to ensure that particular areas of focus are all set or on cruise control. It makes Weekly Reviews much easier, possible and gives me a sense of being complete.

For example within my Credit Cards folder each one is an Omni Focus project item. These are not things I'll actually complete so I want to keep them separate from my 10,000 foot GTD projects. But they are things I want to monitor and can lead to actions over time.

For a credit card I might have a balance or payment due, rewards I'm eligible for, websites or merchants I'm registered at and when a new card is due because of expiration. I've also found defining Someday and Might Buy as contexts unleash a lot of power within Omni Focus.

Sometimes there are actions or someday items where as other times I'll look at this project and say, "nope I'm all set".

One of the reasons I like Omni Focus so much is it's the first tool I've used that allows me the flexibility to "keep going" as David says. That means once you get 10,000 foot complete then why not define other horizons of focus?

It works for me. I try to implement GTD book by the book and base it on sections in Getting Things Done (page 51 & 176) as well as RoadMap seminar discussions.

Hope this makes a little sense,
Mark