View Single Post
I don't have a problem with the current display as far as it goes, but I'd prefer to be able to (optionally) open a task or a project into a separate notes editing window in front of the main window. Ideally, this window would remember it's size/location from previous viewing. I typically have a good bit of information in notes and the current display is problematic for me in a couple of ways:

1. If you have a lot of text in notes, the window size that best fits your project and task display may not fit your needs for notes display. The need to resize the window disrupts workflow, particularly if you're looking into the notes for a quick reminder.

2. If you want to copy text between task notes, or more likely, between project notes and task notes, the current display is awkward. The ability to display different project/task notes in multiple windows at once would be helpful.

3. As I've said before, I commonly use links to files and folders on disk. The current handling of dragged-in links in the notes fields is inadequate.

I agree that the current iGTD display is distracting and I wouldn't want that as a default. There has been discussion of separate notes windows for iGTD2, and I'm interested to see how that pans out.