View Single Post
Although it's taken me some time to figure out how to set it up, I find myself enjoying perspectives and focus more and more. There are times when I just KNOW that I'm not giving attention to an important project or initiative in my life. Focus lets me look at my actions that are related to that goal, without having to prioritize it among other NA's in any given context. Wonderful!

Perspectives, likewise, help free me up from feeling stalled when I'm, say, at the office, and have the ability to do everything from phone calls to online research to talk to my co-workers, or just to leave and run errands. I can see a quick snapshot of what's on my docket and pick the best possible context to ENTER in order to accomplish something worthwhile.

What I find myself missing is some form of meta-focus where I can zero in on problem areas, such as projects without actions, contexts that appear neglected (e.g. no @Home tasks in a week usually means that my wife's been picking up my slack!), etc.

So, OF is great for ACTION control, but less good for reviewing, placing my info into the context of my life as a whole, etc. (Although, for that last, I've organized my work projects by folder, broken up by my areas of responsibility, thus making it easy to see what portion of my job I am not/living up to.)