View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
It does work, and it is supported, but I try to remove large items from the active database as soon as possible.
Have you notice any particular problem leaving those large files attached, or are you removing them to be "on the safe side"?

Quote:
It is also important if embedding files to understand that if you change the file after embedding it, your change will not be reflected in the embedded file unless you remove the old embedded copy and embed the new one. That will cause a slow sync for your next sync, as the large file will have to be written to the network again.
Most of the attachment I have in mind won't change, as those are mostly PDF scans of paper documents. Regarding bandwidth usage, do you know if OmniFocus ever needs to retransfers unchanged attachments files it already synced in the past? Assuming you progressively add attachments, synching just the delta won't be a problem, but if your database grows to, say, 1 GB, and OmniFocus decides to re-sync the whole thing, then you might be in trouble.

Quote:
Get some files like you might want to embed, make a test project, and embed away! Do some syncs, see how it behaves with your computer, your iOS gadget, your network connectivity.
Yes, I think this is a good approach. Test, and see how well it works for yourself. I will do that, and maybe will have something to report a few months from now.

Alex