View Single Post
So happy to hear that Omni is thinking about this. In its current state it's an expensive app that is virtually useless because of its limited transport formats. I've found exactly 2 uses for a 'spreadsheet-like-outliner' with no useful export features and to be sure, the results for those have not failed to impress. It will be a real boon once we can expand our choices for export and of course dropbox support.

Can't wait for the format that best translates to a word processing document. Scrivener for the iPad is under development but OOiPad could fill a huge gap in the writer's toolkit simply by providing a good word processing export format (to dropbox!)

I have OmniOutliner 3 on my Mac but honestly I don't want to turn my computer on when I get home. Anything else I use for productivity works with dropbox and I can move documents anywhere, any time thanks to that and compatible, well thought-out export formats...except Omni documents. For those apps I need a computer and special purchased software costing into the hundreds of pounds (I'm including OmniGraffle for Visio export in that cost).

Thank you for hinting at this!