View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
All else being equal (which of course is rare), as a user of the program, I'd rather see them work on things that do not have a suitable workaround. If it is important to me and there's a workaround, I can do it, with some inconvenience. If it is important to me and there isn't a workaround, I'm stuck. I'd rather be inconvenienced than stuck :-)
I'd normally agree with you (and usually do on most things), but for me this is a real teeth grinding annoyance which requires several workarounds, not just one. Workarounds should be for the short term, rather than a long term.

e.g. I have a project I carry out on the first working day of each month, unfortunately I've had to set it for the 1st of each month and as it appears I reset it for the first working day.

I have several projects and tasks which I do two or three times a week, this leads to that number of identical copies which, when these require amendment, I have to amend the two or three copies individually.

I have a weekday morning routine which when I complete it on a friday, I have to find the next version of the project and move the start and finish dates to the monday.

I know you handle these differently and I've tried having a single reminder and a link to a list in Evernote, but that doesn't work for me. I need to check things off as they're done so I know exactly where I'm up to.

The way OF does projects works perfectly for me in every way but the rudimentary recurrence options. and that's why I stick with the solution.

The situation is though that OF is pretty open regarding how and why they add features at this time. I've logged my request and I have to wait until they decide whether to implement or not.