View Single Post
absolutely agree on the GTD perspectives, and there are other ways to use the tool to see those things - and I agree they need to be seen.

Re focusing and gee, why can’t I just ignore the other stuff, a couple points:

first, when I go to that view and those tabs are expanded, I don’t want to have to take the time and effort to collapse them so I only see what I want to see. That’s the tool making me adapt to it rather than the tool working as I want.

But if those expand/collapse selections persisted, then perhaps this would not be as onerous. But the behavior I'm seeing is that when I click on another context or go back to project mode, then come back to that view, those selections do not persist and now I have to collapse what I don’t want to see all over again. And again. And again. As long as I stay on that same view, I'm fine. If I leave and return, gotta reset everything. So no, that does not work for me.

don’t make this more than it is. I’m not insisting on ‘purity of function’. I’m not asking for much here. I’m asking that my task management application give me a view that allows me to see what I have due today (and prior), and ONLY those tasks. Just want one view that does that. Just one. Pretty basic stuff, I'd say.