View Single Post
fixing this bug will indeed help, but where I'd really like to see this go is to apply the ‘focus’ concept to the context/execution side of things. Brian raises a valid question, why is this important to me. I think the best answer is it’s the fundamental ‘focus’ paradigm that OmniGroup is already embracing. They just aren’t taking it to (in my opinion) full fruition. Why focus? I mean, why not just ignore the other stuff on the screen? Well apparently OG and others see value in visually isolating down to only what you need to interact with and eliminating from view all the rest. I fully agree. Maybe I have a bit of AD&D in me, who knows, but if I see an expandable tab labeled ‘next week’, then mentally a part of me is wondering ‘well gee, I wonder what is in THERE?’

I don’t want to even raise the question in my brain. I just want to see what I want to see and I want to eliminate other data from the view. Focus.

Re sprugman’s point, I don’t want to drive the coming due preference shorter to make this happen because now I lose the coming due functionality. I’d like to be able to set it for 3 days and use it for what it’s name literally implies, see what is perhaps not due today but what will be coming due shortly. Why should I have to give this up in order to twist it into something else that (in my opinion) should be organically available by other means? That’s my point. Like when people say to just use flags. Well if I do that, then I can’t use flags for anything else? And is that truly what flags are designed for?

Basic question: is it reasonable or unreasonable to ask a task management app to provide a view that shows you only what is due today or prior? Obviously I think it’s reasonable. Your mileage may vary.