View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmilovan View Post
They will show as to-do items that can be turned into fixed appointments or just serve as all day reminders, just as David Allen suggests for day related items. Calendar is the integral part of GTD process and OmniFocus itself doesn't offer that functionality.
Your insistence that this was useful led me to the discovery that one can drag a To Do into the body of the calendar and make it into an event :-)

It does seem that your proposal is approximately the equivalent of selecting your list of "today" items, setting a due date of today, and syncing to iCal. A disadvantage of course is that everything is synced and you might want to keep a different due date on the actions while still flagging them for action today. An advantage is that it isn't necessary to clutter up the UI with an option that supports one particular interpretation of a general-purpose UI element, which I'm going to guess the Omni developers will be reluctant to do.

But if you're going to paraphrase DA at me on this matter, turn to page 40 of the book and read the section about 'No More "Daily To-Do" Lists' where he says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Allen
First, constant new input and shifting tactical priorities reconfigure daily work so consistently that it's virtually impossible to nail down to-do items ahead of time. Having a working game plan as a reference point is always useful, but it must be able to be renegotiated at any moment. Trying to keep a list in writing on the calendar, which must then be rewritten on another day if items don't get done, is demoralizing and a waste of time.
To me, that's another way of saying if it doesn't have to be done today, it probably doesn't belong on the calendar.

Quote:
But I wanted to see what other OmniFocus users think before sending it :).
Of course. I just wanted to make sure you know how to do the part that helps the OmniFocus developers know what you think :-)