View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
That is odd. It works fine from the toolbar for me. Have you tried restarting OmniFocus?
Thank you, yes, I have tried restarting. Puzzling, the script is running from the toolbar, it just isn't doing anything. When I click the script in the toolbar with nothing selected, I do get the "You must first select a project or action" message, so the script is definitely running. But when I select a project or action and click the toolbar, it doesn't seem to cause Mail to do anything.

A more significant problem (for me, anyway): the script does not recognize which window has the focus. I have three OmniFocus windows open on three monitors, but it seems that the "Open Linked Mail Message" script will only ever work in one window, namely, the first window opened when the program is launched (although if the other two windows are closed, then it becomes possible to run the script in the sole remaining window, even if it was not the first window opened when the program was launched). Even if the foremost window (the window with focus) contains a selected project or action, the script will act only based upon the selection (or lack of any selection) in the window which it believes has the focus, i.e., the first window opened when the program was launched.

In the script I tried changing "tell document window 1" to "tell front document window" but it didn't have any effect.