View Single Post
1) Do you need multiple columns of data, column types, or the column summary options?

Multiple columns and column types are important. Summary options aren't important for me.

2) Do you need formatting support? Or just plain text like OmniFocus for the iPhone.

Formatting is not important for me -- just like OF for iPhone.

3) Do you need attachment support?

Not critical.

4) Should it be a viewer only, or have editing capabilities? If just a viewer only, how well does the Quick Look preview/DHTML export meet your needs? (Viewing the export on the iPhone that is)

Editing is very important. I am using my iPhone much like I've used a laptop and I'm mobile -- need to add items, change items, delete items, move and re-order items. Don't need to add new columns or delete columns -- just put data in them and view the data in the columns.

5) What kind of syncing expectations do you have? This would be one big reason why OmniOutliner 4 needs to be developed first as OO3 is not designed for merging synced changes.

Definitely need syncing, just like Omni Focus. Need to be able to access and edit and sync between my iMac, iPhone, MacBook and tablet when available -- mobile and virtual.