View Single Post
Shared Templates are just about only useful for common elements at the top of your canvas or in the background that never have a dependency on anything else going on on your canvas -> Read: This version has half the functionality at the cost of the previous working version.

I cannot comprehend why the decision was made for the position for EVERY single instance of the shared template has to be the SAME across all canvases! I cannot simply "reuse" a component, and slightly change the position without screwing everything else up. Flash 1.0 had the ability to make a movie clip in a library, position it on a layer and transform, position, rotate to any location reference on the stage --> THIS SHOULD TO!

In 5, when wireframing, "footer" and "sidebar" shared layers have to be exactly in the same position regardless of length of the page being wireframed or other shared layers being included in and around the object <- NOT COOL and definitely what I need to save time trying to replicate the same damned component.

I am tooling around now for any way to drop back to 4 and get my Masters back.

PISSD