View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I guess I'm not fully understanding the issue then. I am not seeing any difference between 5.1.3 and sp11 with image highlighting and dragging, even when I'm dragging to the Finder. There could be something, but I can't seem to reproduce it. This combined with shift+dragging was why I thought links may have been involved.

The subject is in the top right of the window, and if you click on that you can view the full thread. Doesn't seem to be the same as what you're talking about, however.
5.1.3 never highlights the image in the manner I describe. What I'm saying is that the image dragged from the browser window has the highlight color mask applied to it (in the browser window) and the highlight mask is persistent until you explicitly click elsewhere in the browser window. If you drag an image out of a 5.1.3 window, you pick up a thumbnail next to the cursor but there is no effect on the browser window itself.

This has a really annoying side effect--if the drag fails or OW window loses focus, the highlighting blocks any further clicks in OW until you explicitly click inside the browser window somewhere outside the highlight bounds, which can extend past the image bounds to the right in some cases. If the highlighted area fills the screen, you may have to scroll the window to find a clickable location before you have control of the browser again. This is distinct from returning focus to the OW window if necessary. You can't click a link and you can't switch tabs until you do this. The click has to land somewhere in empty space on the page.

Point 2. I'd have never guessed this was a link, as that message subject is not self-evident as a thread title or even a valid link. After reading the description of the bug, it is evident to me that the author is talking about an unrelated bug/feature.

Last edited by technomage; 2006-05-20 at 08:05 AM..