View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
I just wiped my database off the iPad and set up a dummy database in a new user on my Mac (the default "Welcome to OmniFocus on the Mac" database). When I configured the iPad to sync with the Mac, it synced fine, collected the Mac's database as directed, but did not show the Perspectives item in the sidebar. I then created a new perspective in context mode, synced the Mac, synced the iPad, and the Perspectives item showed up in the sidebar without a hitch, containing perspectives named Contexts, Due, Flagged, Completed, and Tickler (the last one being the one I created).

Wiping the database again, then syncing my standard database (which does have context mode perspectives that I created) caused it to work properly from the initial sync.

It seems like creating a new context mode perspective on the Mac and syncing should get things rolling. I was able to delete that new perspective, sync again, and retain the stock perspectives.

Perhaps there is some initialization hiccup that causes no perspectives to be synced to a fresh copy of OmniFocus for iPad if you only have the factory perspectives, or only have project mode perspectives in addition to the factory set.
What about those of us that do not have Omnifocus for Mac? Are we not able to have perspectives on the iPad?