View Single Post
I think you're confusing matters by introducing the work/home notion into your contexts when it doesn't refer to an actual location. The work/home separation should be done on the project side, and the contexts should reflect the actual necessary tools/location/mindset/colleagues required to accomplish a given task.

I would suggest you try organizing your projects into two overall folders, one for work and one for personal. When you want to concentrate on work-related tasks, select that work folder and use the Focus toolbar button or View->Focus on (selection) or right-click and select Focus. Now you'll only see tasks from those projects, and you can freely assign tasks to your MacBook Pro context without concern for whether they are work or personal, so long as the task is in the proper project.

With that out of the way, I would suggest a different organization of the computer contexts. Make a top-level Mac context, with nested contexts for iMac, MacBook Pro, Mini. Tasks that can be done on any Mac you put in the Mac context. Tasks that must be done on a specific Mac you put in the corresponding nested context. On your MacBook Pro and looking for tasks to be done? Look at the Mac : MacBook Pro context and knock those off. Still have time left? Take a look at the Mac context, grouped by context, and close the groups for the other machines. Of course, there's nothing preventing you from doing so before you've finished the MacBook Pro-specific tasks except personal preference. Also, this organization allows you to have tasks which can only be done on a specific machine, but not necessarily hiding those tasks from view if you have a setup where you can operate the machine remotely. Yes, you can only run some per-machine-licensed application on the machine at home for which you licensed it, but that doesn't mean you can't connect to that machine with Back to My Mac or the like and operate it from somewhere else, right?