View Single Post
I'm currently using OmniFocus and loving it. But (there's always a 'but'), I'm still overwhelmed with projects and daily todo's. First, let me preface that I understand that NO software will take the workload off, but I am looking to 'organize' more, and be less scattered.

So, I'm seeking advice from those that have used OmniPlan and OmniOutliner in conjunction with OmniFocus. From what I can garner, OmniFocus is more for the 'todos' and immediate to near immediate actions. What I would like is to start using OmniPlan to build projects and port the 'need to be done' tasks to OmniFocus. Is this possible? Has anyone had success with these two running side by side.

Also, I'm a technical writer and after reading the most recent of the Omni Blogs, I was intrigued by how OmniOutliner helped with writing (i.e. organizing, developing, constructing, and porting documents to word). Could this be used in conjunction with OmniFocus in place of OmniPlan?

Please let me know your opinions as to how these three (or a combination of any two) may be used in conjunction with each other to streamline projects.

Oh, and btw, I'm seeking to include ALL my projects, both personal and professional, I'm not sure if that was clear, but I wanted to pass that along as well (so basically I'm not looking just to solve the writing organization issue, there are home improvement projects, and Dissertation projects to consider as well).

Thanks to all who view and post!