View Single Post
I was listening to the Ken Case interview podcast and am happy to hear that progress is being made.

I've had to use Asana for "collaborative" purposes and do understand the dilemma with multi-user setups. The idea of forwarding tasks and projects to others would be nice but I can understand Ken Case's arguments about not trying to complicate OmniFocus with the collaborative stuff. He does argue that OmniPlan would be a better choice for collaborative project work because OmniPlan has the report tools necessary for project status reports.

I can understand how some folks want to be able to forward tasks to others in a collaborative setup. But I think this may not work because everyone will have their own favorite task management program that may or may not be OmniFocus. Some of my colleagues use either Pocket Informant, Things, 2Do, or any number of programs. I guess the only way to do it is to just e-mail the task to someone as either an e-mail message or some kind of Outlook format that is easily readable (similar to vCard perhaps?).

The Omni Server does sound interesting as a way to share tasks with other OmniFocus users.

OmniFocus 2.0 will probably not yet have the OmniPlan integration yet. That sounds like something for OmniFocus 2.5.

I'm sure many of us will be eagerly awaiting the public beta. I know I'm looking forward to it. :-D