View Single Post
I have been using MacSpeech Dictate for quite a while, and just downloaded the newest version. (I'm using it right now to dictate this reply.) After seeing your question, I decided to try it with OmniFocus and it seems to work fine. I am able to add new tasks and to navigate. However, I will say that MacSpeech Dictate is, in my opinion, far better suited to more extensive text entry then I associate with OF. While it is great for entering a comment such as this, I find it rather cumbersome for entering information and very discreet packets. This is not a reflection on MacSpeech Dictate, which I find to be an excellent product, especially since they, as I understand it, leased of the engine from Nuance. Rather, everything I enter into OF tends to be short and sweet. I am far from an accomplished typist, but even I find it far quicker to enter information and navigate around Omnifocus using the keyboard than using my voice.

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you would like any additional information.