View Single Post
Brian, I'm with you in being patient, but I find this behavior both annoying and random at times.

I just had this happen where this is the only computer that has been active for a couple of hours. I sync obsessively before I leave for the office (laptop, iPhone). When I get to the office, I makes sure the desktop is synced immediately. About an hour later, I make a couple of changes and make sure that the little sync button does its' dance. OF is NOT active on the phone. All should be well, right?

About an hour after that, for no apparent reason, with OF in the background, I am trying to read a recent case. Opinions are boring, and I am struggling to concentrate, when the OF dock icon blows ups, dragging me back to reality and out of my flow, asking me to reopen the db.

So I scream the acronym so elegantly posted above, bring OF forward, hit OK, and watch as a completely random screen is returned that does not remotely resemble the perspective I had up earlier.

This feels like a cat just jumped from the ceiling, ran across my keyboard, scared the hell out of me, and left.

Moreover, there is always a distant thought in my mind that my data is somehow at risk, since OF is telling me something has to happen with my database that needs me attention NOW!!!

All I would ask is the Omni really get on this one quick, or give us more info or a preference of some kind.

Anyways, back to that boring case...