View Single Post
I spent the past couple of weeks considering your comments and rethinking my work and how I use GTD and incorporate that into OF.

My goal was to find a better way to be able to incorporate iOF into my workflow and as a result I have made a few changes in OF and that has gotten me to where I want to be.

I am a consultant with many clients to service. I had folders up for each and a project called "General" for each, and then all other projects as needed. As silly as it sounds, I just realized that my General projects were often over-complicated single action items. I scrapped the General project for each and substituted a single action list for each called "XYZ To Do" where XYZ is the client name.

I also went through my library and renamed each project so that it includes the client name. Going forward, each new project will be named consistently.

I also found that I could turn on the hierarchy detail in the OF preferences so that I can see the detail in the context mode.

The final lesson I learned is that I was spending too much time trying to work out of the planning mode. My usual routine had been to work out of the context mode primarily for clearing out my @email and @phone contexts. The new titling scheme has addressed that on both my laptop and iPhone and I have been much more efficient this week.

I am going to keep plugging away this way and see if I can sustain. Thanks again for your input.