View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkright View Post
Aesthetically I believe it needs work to be more Mac-like, it just doesn't 'seem' as friendly as other great Mac apps that I have bought over the last couple of years. Ease of use leaves something to be desired. For reference to what I mean look @ things or midnight inbox. While they may not be as all-encompassing as omnifocus the hurdle to complete usage seems to be lower.
Frankly, I'm surprised to read this (although, it isn't the first time I've seen this criticism of OmniFocus). I'm surprised because my initial reaction to OmniFocus was almost the complete opposite: OmniFocus seemed more intuitive and Things felt (and looked) confusing.

I picked up OmniFocus in the late alpha stages and almost immediately felt comfortable. There were some powerful features that weren't immediately obvious, but understanding those wasn't necessary in getting started. I just stuck with the basics at first. In the following weeks, I learned a little more each day, and I adapted my workflow as I went. Now, I feel quite comfortable in the app, even with the complex features. I have absolutely no regrets over my choice.

I don't know why some people seem to have trouble with OmniFocus while others pick it up right away. Maybe it has something to do with pervious experience in OmniOutliner? Or maybe we just think differently? It would be interesting to know what it is specifically that is troubling you.