View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBsteve View Post
I would like to mention that Yojimbo has a very elegant scriptlet that sits in your browser bookmarks. Click on it and boom a web archive is placed in Yojimbo.
I hadn't thought of using a bookmarklet for clipping to OF, but that's a good point. Yojimbo implemented a URI handler "x-yojimbo://CreateItem?" for that. ( javascript:window.location='x-yojimbo://CreateItem?kind=WebArchive&name='+encodeURICompone nt(document.title)+'&location='+encodeURIComponent (window.location); )

Regarding adding features to a URI handler in OF, you may also be interested in this thread:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=4970

Still, the key step (however the interface is implemented) is a routine that actually fetches the webpage and saves it as a web archive. Yojimbo has implemented a browser and maybe they just get this from Cocoa (?).

In the mean time for OF: there used to be an automator action (search on automator world) that would save a web archive to the downloads folder. Assuming that can step can be attained, I think you'd just need an applescript that builds a <furl> or <hfs > data type with the URI for the web archive, sticks it on the pasteboard, and creates a new action in OF from this data (using AppleScript?). When I have some more time, I'd be glad to implement, but maybe some other intrepid scripter can pull it off more quickly.