View Single Post
After tinkering with OmniGraffle Pro, I really like it but I'm actually looking for something like an OmniDraw program....

I've been using a combination of the old AppleWorks draw and paint module and Canvas for Mac. Previously I used to love Aldus SuperPaint for this as well.... I also used to use MacDraw....

Unfortunately AppleWorks is no longer being developed and there is currently no iDraw module in the iWorks package.

And now Canvas for Mac looks like it is in serious jeopardy with the developers opting for continuing Windows support but no Mac support....

http://forums.acdsystems.com/index.php?showtopic=3845

I remembered when Canvas 3.5 and SuperPaint were a couple of great programs in the pre-MacOS X days.

I've been scouring the net for a couple of draw programs that show promise...

Lineform
Intaglio
EazyDraw

I was thinking that this was a perfect market for the OmniFolks to look at....

Adobe Illustrator is way overkill for me; Canvas appears to be dead in the water now; Apple hasn't actually done anything since the days of MacDraw and AppleWorks....

OmniGraffle looks like a nice foundation for an illustration program that can mix vector objects and bitmap images together....

AppleWorks had a nice feature where I can insert a word processing object and put text there.... It would be nice to have a PageMaker or InDesign paragraph flowing tool in here (for those of us with light demands for PageMaker type features). Incorporating some of the PageMaker/InDesign lite features would be a bonus...

Oh well, I can keep dreaming....

For the moment, I'm evaluating my options with the above mentioned 3 drawing programs....

Last edited by wilsonng; 2007-05-24 at 02:09 PM..