View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
iRider - watch the demo movie.
A lot of the movie is a flashy demo showing little that is new to folks who aren't stuck in the dark ages of Win IE. However, there are three features there that I really like:

- The smart association of tabs with the tabs that opened them. I filed a formal feature request a while back that asked for a way to have background tabs open behind the current tab, rather than at the end of the list. I think this feature is essentially the same thing, though iRider's indentation of tabs is definitely a plus.

- The ability to drag through the list of open tabs to see them all quickly. I think a dedicated drag region or required use of a modifier is best for this (so as to not impede dragging of the tabs themselves), but I can envision myself using it quite a bit.

- The ability to quickly open all the links within a selection. Again, I think iRider's way of doing it is less than ideal--perhaps a simple contextual menu command would work well along with dragging the selection to the tab drawer--but the feature is solid. Of course, this would mean, at the very least, that content selection on a page would have to seriously improve. For some reason, this has been a big deficiency in every single Mac browser since the beginning. For added points, allowing rectangular selection would be way-cool.