View Single Post
Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with OO. Let me address a few of your points:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
(1) Named Styles - well I create a style with a certain background colour and font size... then when I use this style, no matter what font size the style is set to, it just goes to '20' regardless. I have to manually edit it to whatever I need it to be. This is pointless.
This works OK for me... Remember the wrench changes the definition of the style and the i icon adds and removes styles on the topic. If I create a new style (with the wrench icon) and then apply that style to a topic line, it sets everything about it (font size, color , background, etc). Remember that you can apply more than one style at a time (using the i icon), so make sure you uncheck the styles that may be setting it to 20 for you.

Quote:
(2) I want to enter carriage-return on a list line? Nope - won't let me do this.
I think the idea here is that when you enter a carriage return, you are really trying to enter a note about the item, not really trying to create a two-line item. Tap the Note icon on the bottom bar to add a note. There you can press return and enter as many lines as you like.

Quote:
(5) How can I import a mind-map from iThoughtsHD? I've seen lots of mentions on blogs that this is possible but I can't figure it out. Omni Outliner seems to be devoid of import options.
In iThoughts HD, tap the icon with the arrow inside the rectangle. You should see lots of options, including one at the bottom that says "Export Options". Go there and make sure "OPML" is checked. Then, tap the arrow again to export in to the place you want (email, iDisk). If you use email to send to yourself, you should have an OPML file in the email. Long tap the attachment from mail and you should see a popup menu with "Open in iThoughts HD" and "Open in...". Choose "Open in..." and you'll see a new popup, hopefully with "OmniOutliner" in the list. Choose it, and your OPML will be imported.

Quote:
(6) PDF export - I've created this lovely outline. I'd like to save it as a PDF so I can distribute this. How?
This seems to be an often-requested feature, I'd imagine OmniGroup will be adding this due to popular demand, as I'd imagine DropBox support.

Work with it and I think you'll see the power of OO. Give OmniGroup some time to process, prioritize user feedback. The advantage of spending that much money is that you have a good company backing up the app and in my experience, they will listen to their customers.