View Single Post
My latest project folder scheme has very little to do with the work and almost everything to do with the mechanics of viewing the outline.

The folders are:

Personal
- Above The Fold
- Below The Fold
-- Active
-- Idle
- Just Information
Work
- Above The Fold
- Below The Fold
-- Active
-- Idle
- Just Information

Items in the "Above The Fold" folder are single-action lists that I want to be able to find easily - my Administrative list for small actions, my Shopping List, Paperwork Repeaters for repeating administrative tasks, my Calendar list for hard-date items that I want to see in my daily view, etc.

"Below The Fold" is where all the projects live. Active contains the projects that I'm likely to work on this week; Idle is those that I'm not. Completed projects are in a subfolder in Idle until I delete them.

Just Information is non-actionable information. It may be information to support actions (like a list of things to read to go along with an action elsewhere of "Read something from reading backlog"), or brainstorming or planning that isn't ready to convert to a project yet, even an idle project.

The goal is to keep everything but "Idle" and "Just Information" to just a few items, so that I can scan the part of the hierarchy that I'm interested in without having to scroll.

To narrow to my everyday work, I Focus on Work: Above The Fold and Work:Below The Fold:Active.

We'll see if this lasts more than a week. :)

Gardener

Last edited by Gardener; 2008-09-18 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Because tabs weren't working.