View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroglide View Post
the reason why i found this thread is because i keep hesitating to buy omnifocus until there is integration between that and omnifocus, which i use a lot, and with increasing satisfaction...
Short of the unspecified integration in development, there is a level of integration via iCal and the OF forecast view (iOS only - for now).

It's obviously a long way short of what you're asking for, but I tend to use like this:

In OmniPlan create tasks that represent which contexts I'm going to attend to and for how long. Sync to a "Plan" iCal calendar. Use forecast view in OF to view the "Plan" calendar and see what context ought to be in, then view what tasks are available in that context in OF.

An example of the work flow would be that I notice that the number of things I need to buy (in real shops - remember those?) is quite large so I plan a trip to the shops (@Shopping in OP - 2hrs) which appears in iCal and OF for Saturday morning (since OP knows that I'm free then). On saturday morning I look at the OF forecast and see that I should go @Shopping - so I do. When I'm there I use my OF @Shopping context and voila.

Fuller integration where OP displayed the 40 things I needed to buy is a level of excruciating detail I could probably do without.

I appreciate other peoples needs may be different...

Alternatively, psycotherapy for my OCD might be cheaper than all these software licences.