View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcloits View Post
Certainly that information belonged in the release notes, but it's not like I read release notes all that carefully in the first place, let alone memorize them! Basically what I got from the release notes was, "Yay, Bonjour syncing!" An hour later I went to happily configure it.

Maaaaybe I would have remembered seeing in the release notes that Bonjour syncing with iPhone was not yet ready. But I didn't. And it says right in the syncing prefs that you can do it. Okay, fine, the version number didn't jive, but it didn't even remotely occur to me to compare the version numbers, because since when do you advertise functionality in prefs for a version of your software that isn't actually available yet?
The Bonjour functionality also works fine between Macs as well as between Mac and iPhone. The feature is useful for people without iPhones who don't want to pay for MobileMe (or other) subscriptions. They specifically put it out prior to OFi 1.1's release to get more people using it and testing it so they could be sure to have as many bugs out of it as possible before sending it off to the App store where quick turnaround to fix something they missed may not be possible.

Given the above, how would you trigger an error message like you propose?