View Single Post
I personally *love* the ribbon in the MS products. I suspect that like a lot of other Mac users, I'm very visual. If I wasn't visual, I suppose I'd be satisfied with a PC. But that is another topic.

I think a ribbon would be a nice addition to OF. To address concerns of screen real estate, in Office you can have the ribbon on or off. You can even collapse it. So there is a way to make everyone happy with a ribbon.

I am very much looking forward to v2 of OF. One of my biggest complaints about the desktop version of OF is that the UI, imo, is ugly. Things looks much nicer - though I'm not a fan of the way Things works or is laid out. But truth be told, I don't find the aspects of OF that look like they are hold overs from Omni Outline to be very visually appealing.

Personally, I'm hoping that some of what we see in the iPad version will make its way into the Desktop version.

I've used OF since the beta days. I've occasionally wandered away, but I aways come back because of the rock solid functionality and glitch free syncing that can't be found anywhere else.

Anything to make OF more visually appealing would be good in my book.