View Single Post
Instead of using tags to find stuff, I make heavy use of perspectives. I don't really care too much for tags.

I tried using tags in iPhoto but ended up saying "screw it". I listened to Merlin Mann on a MacPowerUser podcast and he had an interesting things to say about tags. If you wanted to do a search in iPhoto, you just enter text into the search bar. That's what the search bar is for. My photos will generally have tags entered as part of the name. I would have a photo with the name "Sue's birthday-Sue, Kids, balloons" So if i did a search for balloons, I'll tend to find all the photos that have balloons in the file name.

Like Toadling, I love using perspectives to focus on certain things. I can click on a perspective button on my toolbar to switch to my most used views. I have perspectives for the current active projects so that I can see just the actions that are related to certain projects. I have a Planning perspective to help me plan and brainstorm. There is also a weekly review perspective to help me focus on review and planning. Then there are various Context perspectives that comes and goes. These are all the kind of stuff that Things tries to do with "tags."