View Single Post
Hi!

With a recent crash fix in OmniFocus 1.1 I was finally able to sync with the iPhone. I have a quite extensive OmniFocus database I use for my daily GTD process, started in the beta days of the desktop app, but certainly nothing exceptional.

The iPhone app is not really usable though. Sometimes (after sync I think) it takes a break for minutes, "Loading...". The whole phone is blocked. This is a real show stopper and makes it impossible to use in practice. Clicking the home button takes >10 sec to go back to the iPhone home screen, so the OS is not crashed or anything.

When it's imported finally the startup time is around 4 sec. Not really good either, but at least usable somehow. But also during normal usage I see this turning progress indicator in the toolbar sometimes. Then the GUI is unresponsive very often for several seconds.

I really had high expectations for the iPhone version, but this really frustrated me. The desktop version already is not very fast at times, but this tops it. Sorry, really hope there is just a serious bug which is to be fixed. But the whole experience more feels like a scalability/architecture problem. Let's hope I am wrong.

Schimmi

Last edited by Schimmi; 2008-07-21 at 12:50 AM..