View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
Well, I surprised myself. This works, but I'm sure there are bugs and limitations. One known one is that it doesn't handle recurring events. iCal just gives you a recurrence rule and lets you figure out when the event will recur (see RFC 2445 and, well, don't look at me...). It will also not remove exceptions should an event be removed from your calendar.

So... regard this as a crude starting point?
Thanks very much, Tom. I tried this, and I'm not getting visible results. Clearly it reads up to the last date in iCal (or rather, the end time of the last entry I've put in that particular calendar, whether or not it's the last date), because I can see that value in the Results window when I comment out the rest of the script. However, nothing appears in the designated OmniPlan resource calendar.

Clearly, something is happening, because if I open the document, run the script, and close the document, I get a Save prompt.

I got it to work once, but I'm not sure how.

Does it work every time for you, Tom? Is there some condition which must be met, like not viewing the calendar in question?

One thing I've discovered in the course of exploring this is that if you have NO time scheduled for a resource, OmniPlan will helpfully fill in with the default schedule. Sometimes. If you remove default scheduling completely, OmniPlan sometimes fills in a standard morning-and-afternoon schedule. Sometimes. And in my test calendar, although I erased all scheduling, on 07/26, the icon for the date in the lower left is yellowed, indicating that something is there. (And there's not something there in the iCal calendar I'm trying to pull from.)

I'm afraid I'm out of my depth, here. I'm sorry. I guess I'll have to wait for the feature and keep working will very approximate estimates.

-Speireag.