Interesting discussion folks.

I have several inboxes
- physical inbox
- email inbox
- moleskine
- OF inbox
- Evernote
- voicemail

Each morning I process these, doing, trashing, adding to the projects list in OF. I process all of the Inboxes to zero.

During the day, I add
- new emails to OF projects
- flagged emails to OF

Flagged emails are principally emails I've sent which I need assurance have been dealt with. I love the linkback and inclusion of full text.

I set aside time for planning, usually first thing on a Monday or straight after a big meeting while things are fresh.

Collection and Planning, that works very well for me.

Problems...

Working in Context? This is less easy for me. I work from home, I work on my computer and contexts blur. There are contexts I find useful, like Agenda:Individual or Cogitate but I find that most Mac subdivision like Mac:Email or Mac:Create or Mac:Research all of which I use not significant enough. I hardly ever work from context, given that I find myself in most of them all of the time, so even useful ones like an Agenda context get ignored.

Weekly Review. I have periods of time when this goes very well, I always review my project list, it's going through the supporting folders that's the issue.
I have
- my OF project list
- Active folders
- Archive folders

I usually review my project list once a week, but the active folders get it once a fortnight or so.

Doing. Ah here's the rub. I have periods of time when I use iCal for this. I sync with iCal and then plan my day by dragging todos out of the sidebar onto the calendar and then review end of day. This can be productive (even if it's against the spirit of the David) however you can end up shuffling items around in iCal which is a pain. But at times it's a very useful way of focussing on doing, just these items today.

I don't really use OFs internal calendar. I wish I had a better handle on it to be frank. I'm sure in conjunction with perspectives I could come up with a way of improving on my iCal approach.