View Single Post
I think I need to clarrify/simplify my requests.

While I would like to have my hand held, at least until the habits form, I can see how annoying that could be for those already with the habit. So this is what I'd actually like to see from a practical point of view:

1) An option or more likely an add on to hold the new users hand through processing and reviewing, until he has the habit. It would be critical that the option could be turned OFF when not required any longer/at all.

2) Many many more options for auto-collection. I know that for me, and for several colleagues I've watched, the number of inboxes IS an issue, and there would be benefit for me/them in having some things automatically collected into one bucket. While Dave may not argue that there must only be one inbox, I doubt he argues there should be more than absolutely necessary. However, absolutely key to this is that the collection MUST be configurable, so that the user can decide what is collected and from where. Some users may collect only new mail with a specific subject, some may collect that and new iCal items in a specific calendar, and others may collect nearly everything new, but the point is that it should be possible to collect stuff automatically if I want to.

I can't for the life of me see the logic of allowing some things to be collected (mail with a given subject), but not other things. Why mail but not iCal for example? Obviously the logic is simply that OG can't do everything at once, but I can't see any argument against having the facility when resources do allow?

I dare say a lot could be done through scripting and spotlight, but I can't get spotlight to do what I need using the GUI, and don't yet have any scripting skills.

Mark

Last edited by MacBerry; 2008-08-29 at 07:04 AM..