View Single Post
Pete P, the Clip-O-Tron 3000 seems to be working on my system. I select a message in Mail's inbox, hit my key combo, and the message gets sent to OmniFocus' Quick Entry window. From there, I send it to my OmniFocus inbox, open the note field, and click the "Original Message" link, and the email opens in Mail in a new message window.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. But here are some ideas for troubleshooting the problem:

1) Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Clip-O-Tron 3000.

2) Save a Mail message to OmniFocus using the Clip-O-Tron 3000 and then right-click on the "Original Message" link and select "Copy Link" from the contextual menu.

3) Paste the copied URI into a TextEdit document that is formated as plain text (Format->Make Plain Text or Shift-Command-T).

4) Now go back to Mail and drag the same message to the note field of a different action. Then right click on the resulting link and select "Copy Link" again

5) Paste the copied URI onto the same TextEdit document right below the previous one so you can easily compare them.

Are they the same? When I do this on my system, the only difference I can see between the two is the Clip-O-Tron creates a URI beginning with "message://", while the dragged Mail message has a URI beginning with just "message:". Otherwise, they are identical and both seem to work.