View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Still, some mail servers are non-conforming, and will reject or strip the "+" notation.
Just to be clear, a mail server rejecting the "+" notation is not non-conforming. The relevant RFCs clearly say that the "local part" of the address (ie everything to the left of the @) can be interpreted in any way the mail system chooses. Many Unix mail servers support the address+suffix syntax as a convention, but it's not in any way a standard.

Aside from that, sending tasks via email is working very well for me... I have no access to my home Macs from work and have been sending myself a steady stream of tasks as I think of them.

But what would be even better would be if I could interact with OmniFocus a little more. For example if I could send a few more commands ... The obvious ones are:-

* Email me a list of all the next tasks I should be doing in context "foo" (and its subcontexts)

* Or Email me a list of tasks in a particular perspective

* Mark some task "foo" as complete and optionally email me the next task in that project (say, if it belongs in the same context).

For bonus points, an option for the level of markup used to make the output "pretty" - consider the following: Desktop PC, iPhone, basic mobile phone email display.

Do it correctly and you have a workable (if clunky) mobile interface that the iPhone users have been clamouring for. And once that's in place, someone else can wrap it in a simple application (iPhone or Java ME) to make it more presentable...

Pete.