View Single Post
We have multiple projects going on at the same time and need to show how our resources (designers, programmers) are being allocated by the hours a task is assigned, not by the duration of days.

What I mean is the Design Phase is scheduled for 1 week (5 days), but is allocated only 10 hours; there is only 1 designer working on this Design Phase. So, when we look at the resources, it shows the designer working at 100% for the 5 days. If the designer is assigned 2 Designs (different projects) in the same 5 days, the report shows the designer now working at 200%. We need to show that of those 5 days (40 hours), the designer is working only a certain percentage of those days, since the entire task is only given 10 hours of those 5 days.

So, how do we assign a task (Phase) a specific number of hours over a period of time?

Right now, all of our staff is working at over 100-200% because of the work week being 40 hours (which we do work on a 40 hr week), the task is assigned a duration of days, and the personnel resource is assigned to multiple tasks.

We would like to show a more accurate report of resource allocation based on the hours the task is given regardless of the duration of days/weeks the task is assigned.

I hope this makes sense! Can you please help or let me know if this is possible? Thanks--Robin. nit.cc