View Single Post
Hello everyone,

I have searched the forums to try to find a solution to this issue, and have yet to find it described elsewhere so am posting here in the hope that someone can assist. I use OF exclusively and don't try and sync with other task managers. I have all of my contexts mapped to calendars. Under Ical Preferences, I only have the log debugging option selected - nothing else. Finally, I never create new actions in Ical (or any other program), only from OF. Sometimes I will change a due date or mark an action as complete from within Ical, but that doesn't seem to cause the problem described below.

Normally when I tell OF to 'sync with ical', OF does as asked and does a true sync with ical - ie adds new actions to ical and brings back any completed/amended items from ical. 50% of the time it works fine, no issues.

My problem is that, now and again, OF seems to import all existing ical todos/actions (with correct project/context info) back into my OF inbox. The end result is that I get an inbox full of duplicate actions that are already in the OF database. If I hit 'clean up' the duplicated inbox actions get sent to their correct projects/contexts but as duplicate values of those already there. So I end up with a database full of duplicate actions.

It's not a consistent thing, and I can not seem to replicate the problem. It just happens, seemingly randomly.

It's a minor issue and is easily fixed by deleting everything in the inbox when duplicates appear. But I just thought I would find out what might be going on and if there is something I can do to fix it. I'll update again here if I can work out what it is I'm doing that causes the problem.