View Single Post
Ok, I keep running into this, so I need some advice - I've confirmed I can't do it the way I'd like (up to X% of this resource), but how do you other OmniPlan users handle the following situation?

I have to dig two holes, and have two people to dig them.

One needs to be a small hole, one needs to be a big hole.

I have Person A start digging the small hole, and person B start digging the big hole.

Person A finishes first, at which point I want him to join person B so the big hole is complete faster, and I don't have underutilized resources.

It's that last part that's giving me fits. Do I need to divide the "dig big hole" into two tasks? (One with one resource, the second with two?). Do I need to wait until Person A is free, THEN add him to the big hole task (not sure if that works).

I guess I'm trying to show in OmniPlan how long it will take these two people to dig these holes, in this order, with no underutilization - how would you structure/assign on these tasks (no matter how manual) to have an accurate representation of this at the START of the project - and how do you updated it (even if manually) throughout the project?

MUCH appreciated!