View Single Post
I've been looking through the Project Notes script trying to work out how it works and it appears that the variable "projNotesName" hasn't been set when it's first called by the script.

What I'm seeing is on first run projNotesName isn't being set prior to the point it tries to open the file and I'm guessing it tries to open a file with no name, it then correctly branches off to create the new file during which it sets the variable projNotesName prior to saving the file. On subsequent runs the script is remembering the value from when it was previously run, this causes it to look for project1.oo3 when it should be trying to find or create project2.oo3.

The bit I don't get is when it doesn't finding project1.oo3, in project2's folder structure, why it gives an error instead of trying to create the missing file, even if that meant doing so with the wrong name.

I'm guessing as you guys have it working that I must have downloaded an old version of these scripts, is their a newer link to the ones your running ?

{edit}
I've just downloaded the files linked to by blazercomp on page 4 of this thread. I ignored them at first as they said same as the source, but they are different and contain modifications by Nicola Vitacolonna, Sep 2009

Working a treat now :) Thanks

Last edited by Cypher; 2011-01-30 at 05:48 AM..