View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
OmniGraffle doesn't wrap text between different objects. Note, you can obtain free 24 hour licences for all OmniGroup applications to test their full functionality out before laying out the cash to buy or upgrade. It's an option when using the store.

P.S. If simple DTP is all you need, then I would consider trying out Pages.
Jonathan...

Thanks for the info about OG not being able to wrap text. It's not really a must have feature for my needs. I just thought I would ask as OG has a ton of features and I see folks using it for many things it wasn't initially designed for. Super App!!

I had downloaded the demo before I made my initial post. I was just curious to see/hear if anybody else used OG to create page layouts.

Pages seems like a good low end page layout application if you are only interested in outputting traditional DTP formats. It will not output to JPEG, TIFF, or PSD. I own a copy as I do use Keynote.

To be honest, though, Pages is not the greatest app to work with. It's isn't a word processor nor a true page layout program in the DTP tradition. If I truly needed a full blown page layout application, I'd probably look elsewhere. For small projects Swift Publisher blows the doors off of Pages.

I did pull the trigger on OG Pro and did upgrade my version of OO to the Pro version. I love these apps and see lots of uses for OG regardless if I settle on it for album design or not.

Regards...
Bill